We are located in Chafee 201 | (401) 874-4421 | email@example.com
The ATC proctors for students with disability accommodations, those with pre-arranged absences for University related events such as athletics and conferences, or making-up exams due to illness/close contact, and culturally responsive assessments.
Ready to schedule your exam?
- Read the ATC Policies before proceeding.
- Once your instructor submits the request, it can take 2-3 business days for the exam to appear in the drop down list.
- Our current testing hours are listed on the home page.
- Online scheduling is available up to 24 hours in advance of your testing appointment time and space is first-come, first-served. You must make your appointment within the date range specified by your instructor (these dates will be the only ones you can select on the calendar). If there is no ATC availability during that date range, you must immediately contact your professor to make other arrangements.
How do I schedule my exam?
Scheduling your exam is easy: just go to Register Blast and follow the prompts.
Can I take my exam at the testing center?
Each faculty member determines their own policy on make-up exams in accordance with the University policy on absences. This policy should be outlined in your course syllabus. All questions should be directed to faculty.
If you have a Letter of Accommodation through Disability, Access, and Inclusion providing for accommodations on tests/quizzes/exams, then we may be able to accommodate you in the ATC. We most often proctor students who have extended time, separate space, private room, dictation, screen reading, and word processing accommodations. Note: the ATC is a service not an accommodation. Faculty are not required to use the ATC for disability accommodated exams.
Courses at Other Schools
We do not currently offer proctoring services for courses at other institutions taken by URI students. If you need an exam proctored for a non-URI course, the nearest testing center is at CCRI. They offer this service for a fee at all four RI campuses. Contact information for each CCRI testing center is available here.
Can I reschedule/cancel my exam?
Yes, you can cancel or reschedule for anytime during the dates your instructor designated for you to take the exam. If it is more than 24 hours ahead of your testing appointment, you can cancel or reschedule online. Directions for this process are on the right sidebar here.
If it is within 24 hours of your testing appointment, call or email the ATC.
Do I have to make an appointment to use the ATC?
Yes. Once your instructor has submitted an exam request form, they will let you know so you can schedule through our online system. The ATC does not proctor walk-ins or same day requests. Please contact us if you need assistance – we are here to help!
Availability is on a first-come, first-served basis. You must make your appointment within the date range specified by your instructor (these dates will be the only ones you can select on the calendar). If there is no ATC availability during that date range, you must immediately contact your professor to make other arrangements.
What is the testing schedule?
- Cancellations and schedule changes will be listed in the Announcements on our homepage.
- Testing sessions begin every 60 min at the top of the hour during testing hours. Please arrive 15 minutes early to check-in. Because we proctor exams for students in need of an environment with reduced distractions, we may reschedule your exam if you are late. If your exam window has closed, we will inform you faculty member. This is done to ensure all test takers have an appropriate testing environment. We WANT you here – just be ready on-time!
- All students in a particular session check-in at the ATC and begin their test at the same time. Because students are taking tests for different courses, they will complete their tests at different times during the session.
- Scheduling is on a first-come, first-served basis.
To schedule your exam:Schedule Now