- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education
- Music Education
- Health Education and Physical Education
- Secondary Education (English, Math, Science, Social Studies)
- World Language
Graduate applicants must have a B.A. or a B.S. with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above(Music students must have a B.A. or a B.M. in music). Most Secondary Education MA/TCP applicants have a B.A. or a B.S. in the content area they hope to teach (i.e. English, Math, History, Biology, etc.).Graduate applicants with an undergraduate GPA between 2.75-2.99 could be eligible for admission through the conditional acceptance policy. Please email OTE for more information.
Graduate applicants with an undergraduate GPA below a 3.0 may also apply after taking 24 graduate credits and earning a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- In addition, please note the following:
- Secondary Education applicants: A minimum GPA of 3.0 in your content major (English, Math, etc.)
- Music Education applicants: A minimum GPA of 3.0 in Music.
Some classes are recommended or required prior to application (please refer to the curriculum sheet for your degree program to see specific requirements).
Complete the online URI Graduate School Application.