- Secondary English
- Email: email@example.com
- Office Location: Chafee Hall, Rm 606
When Dolores isn’t teaching, planning lessons, researching, or immersed in anything ‘education’, she can usually be found lifting weights at Ironclad Barbell or Crossfitting at Ocean State Crossfit. An avid olympic lifter, Dolores has competed nationally, most recently earning 3 bronze medals at the 2022 USAW Masters Weightlifting National competition in Utah.
Dolores also has a full family life. She enjoys traveling with her husband, Matt, and spending time with her two daughters, Kayla and Rachel, as well as being “Nonni” to her two ‘chickens’ (a/k/a grandchildren), Michael and Juliana. If she isn’t at the gym, traveling, or enjoying her best life with her family, she is deep diving into a book about military history, particularly WWII, or online shopping.
Areas of special interest and research:
- Reading intervention for older children and secondary students
- Reading intervention for students with special needs (dyslexia)
- The Science of Reading/structured literacy
- M.Ed., Reading Specialist/Consultant, Rhode Island College, 2004
- B.S., Secondary English, University of Rhode Island, 2000