Custodial Services provides cleaning and related services for University of Rhode Island academic, athletic, administrative, and farm buildings—75+ buildings totaling 2.6 million square feet—at the main campus in Kingston, Rhode Island.
To provide a clean, healthy, and welcoming environment for all students, staff, visitors, and alumni.
Custodial Services is dedicated to helping the University excel in supporting the future leaders of Rhode Island and beyond by providing a clean, safe environment for students to learn and grow.
HELP US ADDRESS YOUR CONCERNS BY SUBMITTING WORK REQUESTS HERE:
URI Custodial Services
- Comprehensive cleaning services
- Set up and takedown for events and catering
- Exterior power washing
- Snow removal
- Carpet Cleaning
- Window Washing
- Mold remediation
- Integrated Pest Management
- Disaster response and recovery
- Building security
Area Responsibilities & Services
Each Building Superintendent is responsible for certain buildings.
- Caters to the needs of individual departments
- Encourages positive interactions with students and staff
- Supports a clean and healthy environment to learn, work, and play
- Utilizes sustainable cleaning practices and green products whenever possible
- Researches, pursues, and implements best practices
- Promotes staff responsiveness, adaptability, and service
Custodial Services Workplace Offers:
- Initial and on-the-job training
- Training for safety and effectiveness
- Team and independent work environments
- Pathway to career advancement
- Potential lifelong career path
- Opportunities for academic growth
Assistant Director, Facilities Operations
Manager, Facilities Operations
Virginia (Jen) Alexander