The Dr. Pauline B. Wood Health Services, conveniently located in the Potter Building adjacent to the URI resident halls complex, is a comprehensive ambulatory health center that is nationally recognized through accreditation by The Joint Commission, and membership in the American College Health Association.
Services provided include ambulatory medical services, office visits, specialty clinics, allergy, immunization and travel services, psychiatric services, and pharmacy, x-ray and laboratory services on site. Our Health Promotion Department provides educational programs along with nutritional services and counseling.
To be the most caring, respected, and sought-after health care resource for our diverse student population and a leader in college health.
- Provide comprehensive primary health care and prevention services within the context of our patients’ needs and expectations, patient satisfaction, easy access, highest quality, and cost effectiveness
- Support the mission and goals of the University through academic partnerships and research
- Respect the dignity and privacy of the individual by exercising compassion, kindness, patience, sensitivity to diversity
- Create an environment conducive to employees’ professional growth and personal fulfillment
- Succeed through good communications and clearly defined policies
- Teach and promote healthy lifestyles and disease prevention
- Maintain national accreditation
- Focus on the future