Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–8 p.m.
Weekends and Holidays: 12:30–4 p.m.
Open Winter, Spring and Summer Breaks with limited hours.
URI HS Pharmacy is licensed by the State of Rhode Island and Federal DEA and is staffed by registered pharmacists. It provides non-prescription (OTC) and prescription (Rx) to the URI student population. Our goal is to provide prompt and accurate pharmacy care while protecting the rights of our patient population.
Eligibility: All students who pay the Health Service Fee regardless of what type of health insurance they have.
Over the Counter (OTC)
The pharmacy offers low cost OTC medications, some of which are completely covered by the Health Fee, while others are competitively priced much lower than most retail suppliers.
We offer a limited formulary*of prescription medications deemed appropriate to our student population.
Please email or call our pharmacy team with any questions about our Rx medications.
- Students are not required to fill their prescriptions at URI HS Pharmacy
- We do not accept any 3rd party Prescription insurance except for URI Student Insurance
- Our Rx prices are very competitive with most prescription insurance copays ranging from zero copay to $15 in most cases. A receipt is generated for each Rx for private insurance reimbursement.
- We do work with local retail pharmacies (CVS, Walgreens and Green Line Apothecary) for our non-formulary items and Rx insurance needs. Please contact our pharmacy team for assistance.
- Prescription delivery services are also available.
- Payment is expected at time of service, via cash, check, VISA/MasterCard/Discover and RAM Card.
* The Pharmacy operates under a formulary system where only drugs approved by the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee are stocked and dispensed. The formulary contains drugs which are effective in treating diseases and conditions most often affecting the majority of the student population. They reflect the prescribing requirements of the URI Health Services’ medical staff.