URI’s College of Pharmacy will lead the way toward effective global health care by developing innovative teaching practices, advancing research and practice, and merging true entrepreneurial spirit with care and compassion.
The College of Pharmacy fosters a learning-centered, research-oriented educational environment that encourages individuals to make positive lifelong contributions to global health. We prepare professional degree students to provide compassionate pharmacist-delivered patient care, and inspire our students through innovative problem-based learning, rich experiential curricula, and inter-professional collaboration. We foster a community of scholars who will further the body of knowledge in pharmaceutical, biomedical, and clinical sciences. We strive to improve quality of life locally, nationally, and globally.
- Service to the local, national, and global community
- Integrity and ethical behavior
- Innovation and collaboration in research
- Professional practice and education
- Personal growth through lifelong learning
- Diversity and respect for all individuals
- Cultural competence
The College of Pharmacy Goals focus on the following areas: Academic Quality, Interprofessional and Experiential Learning, Global Research Excellence, Faculty Development, Diversity/Inclusion, and Institutional Effectiveness.
- To expand high quality academics and support systems to ensure the success of our PharmD and BSPS students, positioning URI COP as the first choice school.
- Excellence in Graduate Education: Continue improving the quality and relevance of our graduate programs and position URI COP as the first choice school for the highest caliber graduate candidates.
Interprofessional and Experiential Learning
- Promote active, collaborative, and experiential learning that prepares students for a rapidly changing health care environment.
Global Research Excellence:
- Transform our research program to become a global center of excellence in strategically identified areas, resulting in influencing the course of research throughout the University and expanding the economic development of Rhode Island.
- Support faculty development and training so that the College will continue its success in teaching, scholarship, outreach, and professional service.
- Foster a strong diverse community, which expects caring, integrity, and respect between all students, faculty and staff in the College.
- Culture of Excellence: Ensure a culture of excellence by purposeful development and support of highly skilled, diverse staff who are empowered, valued, and appreciated.
- Operations & Communications (All Stakeholders): The College will operate and communicate in a collaborative, effective, and transparent manner with all stakeholders.
- The College of Pharmacy faculty and staff are responsible for the development and assessment of the College strategic plan. The College Management Committee assumes responsibility for the implementation of the plan. Our strategy is developed to be congruent with the strategic, academic, and financial planning efforts of the University.
- To view the entire plan please click the following link: COP Strategic Plan 2010-2015