There are many moving parts that go into planning your business. Which is why we have narrowed down some essential steps for you and your business planning. Find out the differences between a business model and a business plan, the key elements involved in a business plan, and some common mistakes made by past business owners.
- SBA Business Plan Template: Learn about each element of a solid business plan and use the SBA’s tool to create a business plan at your own pace.
- Business Plan vs Business Model: Brief description of each document and how they are related.
- Validate Your Business Model Start With a Business Model, Not a Business Plan: Wall Street Journal article on why testing your assumptions with customers is valuable.
- 7 Common Business Plan Mistakes: RISBDC business counselors share their experience
- Plan a Successful Grand Opening: Save time and reduce stress with our detailed timeline to plan a successful grand opening of your new business or location.
Videos and Books:
- Business Model Canvas Explained: Lays out the very basics of the business model canvas; 2 minutes