Welcome to the Academic Testing Center
The Academic Testing Center (ATC) is a free service for students currently enrolled at the University of Rhode Island. We administer paper-based examinations for students taking on campus courses, who need to complete make-up exams and for students with approved accommodations through Disability Services.
The mission of the University of Rhode Island Academic Testing Center is to support faculty and students through the administration of course examinations, including midterms and finals, in a dedicated testing facility.
We endeavor to achieve this mission by:
- Providing a quiet, proctored testing facility
- Promoting academic integrity
- Collaborating with Disability Student Services, Advising Programs for Student Athletics, and other campus offices
- Providing superior customer service
- Using the Professional Standards and Guidelines of the National College Testing Association as a guide to inform policies and procedures
- Faculty need to set-up an account before submitting requests (and there is a 24 hour delay between account set-up and when you can submit requests). Take 30 seconds now to set-up your account. Click here!
- Open House for faculty, staff, and studentsCome visit the Academic Testing Center! Chafee 201
Monday 9/25Thursday 9/28Noon – 1:30pm both days
- Big event! Saundra McGuire, author of Teach Students How to Learn: Strategies You Can Incorporate Into Any Course to Improve Student Metacognition, Study Skills, and Motivation, is coming to URI for student and faculty workshops. Click here for more information and to register. Have you heard of the Ace Your Course Challenge? Learn more here!
Chafee Hall, Testing Room 202 / Office Room 201
Telephone: (401) 874-4421
Monday 8am – 7pm
Tuesday 8am – 4pm
Wednesday 8am – 4pm
Thursday 8am – 7pm
Friday 8am – 3:30pm