The finance major provides students with the necessary foundation for entry level positions in banking, corporate finance, and investments. The major also provides students with the foundation to sit for and successfully complete the Level 1 Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exam. The CFA charter is the most recognized professional credential in the finance industry. The URI finance program is one of a handful of schools in the country that are CFA partner institutions at the undergraduate level.
- BUS 320 Financial Management
- BUS 321 Security Analysis
- BUS 322 Financial Institutions and Markets
- BUS 420 Advanced Corporate Finance
- BUS 421 Derivative Securities and Risk Management
- BUS 424 Fixed Income Security Analysis
- BUS 428 Multinational Finance
- BUS301/302 Intermediate Accounting I/II
Download the 2013 Finance Curriculum Worksheet (PDF) for your catalog year:
Meet the Finance Faculty and learn more about their particular areas of specialization and research.
Students recently completing the finance major accepted positions in both the public and private sector such as credit analyst, financial advisor, hedge fund accountant, legal and estate specialist, financial analyst and risk manager.
- Download CFA Exam Application
The College of Business offers graduate study in finance at both the Master’s and Ph.D. levels. Through the Evening MBA program, students may elect to concentrate in finance, and the Ph.D program offers a finance specialization.
If you would like to learn more about the finance major at the University of Rhode Island, please contact Professor Bing-Xuan Lin at email@example.com.