Residency Policies

US Citizens and Permanent Residents

If after reviewing the Rhode Island Residency Policy, you think that you qualify for in-state tuition, download the Residency Application form and submit it to the appropriate address listed on the form.

Undocumented Students Living in Rhode Island

In order to qualify for in-state tuition, the Rhode Island Board of Governors for Higher Education requires that you submit the appropriate forms. Please review the Guidance for Students and Families of Undocumented Students and submit the Affidavit and the Student Application (for undocumented RI students).

Military, Veterans, and Dependents

For more information regarding tuition residency applications for active duty military or veterans and their respective spouses/dependents, please email