Transfer to URI
If you’ve attended another regionally accredited college or university in any capacity after graduating from high school – even if you haven’t earned any credits – we welcome you to apply as a transfer student by following the steps below.
If you’ve earned college credits while still enrolled in high school (advanced standing/dual enrollment), and have not yet attended college, you should apply as a first-year student.
Whichever path led you to our door, we’re so happy you’re here. Join us in thinking big at URI.
- Spring Semester: December 15
- Talent Development: December 15 (fall admission only)
- Kinesiology: March 15
- Fall Semester: July 31 (open programs and consideration for fall scholarships)*
* Please note that on-campus housing is limited and not guaranteed. For questions about housing call 401.874.4151 or email: email@example.com.
– We encourage you to apply early, beginning in September for spring applicants and January for fall applicants.
– You must complete all admission requirements by the end of Summer Session One for you to qualify for admission to the fall semester.
– Effective February 2022, we no longer offer the RN to BS program (in-person or online). We are also not accepting transfer students to the Music Therapy or Pre-licensure Nursing programs at this time.
– International students should refer to our International Admission page for their specific application deadlines.
Before You Apply
Do Your Research
How to Apply
Use URI’s Transfer Application and remember to submit your official transcripts. Refer to our checklist below for more information.
Your Transfer Application Checklist
- Completed URI Transfer Application submitted online.
- $65 application fee.
- Official electronic or official printed transcripts from all post-secondary institutions, whether or not you desire or expect to receive credit for such work. Email transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Official high school transcript, unless you have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a subject similar in content to what is offered at URI.
- Students with a GED must also submit official high school transcripts from the time they were enrolled.
- We do not require test scores for transfer applicants, including those with fewer than 24 credits. If you choose to submit your SAT or ACT test scores, they must be sent electronically to URI by the testing agency.
- If you have more than 60 credits you must choose a major other than “Undecided.”
- As part of our holistic review, we also consider the disciplinary record of each applicant. We seek to enroll students who will treat all other members of our community with respect.
After You Apply
You should receive an email confirmation once you submit URI’s Transfer Application. Then we’ll send an email that includes information about our application review process and instructions on how to check the status of your application online.
It will take several weeks to process and review your application. We appreciate your patience and encourage you to check your status regularly.
Reminder: Your credits will be evaluated by the Academic Colleges within 21 days of acceptance. Admitted students with questions about credits should contact Transfer Student Success Services.
If you still have questions after reading our transfer resources and doing your research, contact your transfer admission counselor:
Monday Virtual Chats
We’re online Mondays from 1-3 p.m. (ET) to answer your questions. Drop in — we look forward to meeting you!
Please note: No virtual chats on February 19, April 1, April 15, or May 27.