At the University of Rhode Island, we understand that in order to make a fully-informed decision about where to attend college, you need to learn as much about financing your education as you do about the opportunities our university offers.
Annual, full-time costs for 2023-2024
|Tuition and Fees (Undergraduate, 12-19 credits)|
|Rhode Island Residents||$16,408|
|Out-of-state / International||$35,804|
|New England Regional*||$26,995|
|Average Room and Meal Plan**||$14,130|
|Rhode Island Residents||$30,538|
|Out-of-state / International||$49,934|
Merit-based scholarships are available to qualifying students. Learn More:
Read more about financial aid information.
For a complete listing of URI tuition and fees including graduate, per-credit, and more, please visit https://web.uri.edu/tuition-billing/tuition-and-fees/
All costs are estimated and do not include health insurance that may be waived.
* Tuition Break, an initiative of the New England Board of Higher Education, provides discounted tuition to New England residents outside of Rhode Island for a select group of majors. Learn more at nebhe.org/tuitionbreak or see the New England Regional Tuition program. Note: Tuition and fees are estimated and subject to change.
** Based on standard housing and meal plans.
You may file the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) beginning October 1. Be sure to include the URI Federal School Code: 003414.
We will begin to notify Early Action applicants of their decisions in mid-January, with rolling admission decisions after that (through end of March). Merit scholarship notification will be included in the acceptance package, and financial aid awards will be sent in early to mid-March.
Visit Enrollment Services and learn more about financial aid and definitions of the terminology you will encounter during the application process.
Information on residency policies, deposits, and merit-based scholarships
- Think you may be eligible for in-state tuition? Review the Rhode Island Residency Policy.
- Interested in which majors qualify for the New England Board of Higher Education’s Tuition Break program? Learn more at nebhe.org/tuitionbreak or review our New England Regional Tuition page.
- Here’s what you need to know about:
- Paying your deposit: Accepted students will receive email instructions from Admission on how to log in to their applicant status page to pay their deposit and complete the enrollment confirmation form. Note that enrollment and housing deposits are refundable up until May 1. After May 1, deposits are not refundable.