Would you like your students to:
- Identify ethical questions related to your discipline?
- Critically participate in discussions on those questions?
- Evaluate reasons and arguments for ethical positions?
- Articulate and reflect on their own positions about what is right or wrong?
- Consider different perspectives on ethical issues related to your course?
If you answered YES to one or more of these, the Ethics Throughout the Curriculum Seminar is for you!
What will participants receive?
- Permanent online access to all seminar resources.
- $1,000 in summer stipend funds (for conference travel, workshops, pay for student assistants, technology, or licenses) to support developing and implementing a new or redesigned assignment in your course.
- Personal consultation support to implement your work.
Upcoming Dates & Details
Dates: Thursday, May 19th & Tuesday, May 24th through Friday, May 27th
Times: 9:00am-noon (Thurs, 5/19) & 9:00am-3:00pm (Tues-Fri, 5/24-27)
Modality: combination of virtual meetings over Zoom & activities facilitated remotely
(**pending circumstances and participants’ preference, it may be possible to host one of the days in person in some form**)
This seminar explores tools and strategies that faculty members from any discipline can use to genuinely integrate ethics into their own courses. Intentionally applying these practices fosters students’ ability to identify fundamental ethical issues within a field, consider different reasoned positions concerning them, and responsibly engage in critical conversations surrounding them. Participants will experiment with a few ethical theories that can help situate critical issues within their discipline, work on structuring learning activities that engender ethical discussions, and practice facilitating difficult conversations; finally, they will design or revise an assignment that assesses student progress on ethical reasoning in their course.
Apply here for the seminar by Friday, April 29th.
You will be notified of the status of your application by Friday, May 6th, 2022.