The Alan Shawn Feinstein College of Education and Professional Studies embraces the multiple dimensions of diversity, equity and inclusion in the pursuit of excellence in academic, professional, and career advancement.
As is the duty of any College within a public research university, the Alan Shawn Feinstein College of Education and Professional Studies designs learning opportunities for individuals to construct knowledge, skills, abilities, and aptitudes that inspire life-long learning, innovative leadership, and community service.
The Alan Shawn Feinstein College of Education and Professional Studies will prepare individuals who are locally engaged, nationally respected, and globally involved in the work of educational, organizational, and economic justice.
Aspirational organizational Objectives
- Increase levels of productivity and quality in academic research, scholarship, and granting by tenure-track faculty;
- Expand internal and external instructional opportunities that enhance student academic and professional development successes;
- Enhance social justice activities that support academic and professional advancement for students, staff, and faculty;
- Develop international experiences for students, staff, and faculty that enhance research, instructional, and community service activities;
- Develop marketing, recruiting, academic, student services, and technology strategic plans to support organizational objectives; and,
- Construct, evaluate, and implement a bold fundraising agenda that supports innovation in education technology, experiential learning, and organizational improvement.
- Increase research, scholarship, and grant funding productivity and quality that address national, regional, and state educational challenges;
- Strengthen current – and expand into new – educator preparation program advancements in partnership with P-20 school, corporate, and community organizations;
- Create experiences that enhance social justice activities to support academic, professional, and socioemotional advancement for students, staff, and faculty;
- Increase external organizational engagements through (a) research, faculty, and student exchanges; and (b) exploration of joint research projects, degree programs, and certificates;
- Enhance efficiency of data collection and evaluation processes that measure academic, organizational, and professional advancement effectiveness.
- Develop rigorous and robust undergraduate and graduate academic degree offerings that enhance student employability and career advancement;
- Develop research and grant proposals that invest in academic innovations to improve curricular, instructional, and research capacities;
- Secure new funding to recruit nationally recognized associate and assistant professors that support academic, research, and community service objectives;
- Create experiences that enhance social justice activities to support academic and professional development for students, staff, and faculty.
- Promote an entrepreneurial culture that fosters innovation, creativity, and experimentation for students, clients, staff, and faculty.
- Cultivate internal and external partnerships that produce academic and professional development opportunities for students, clients, staff, and faculty.
- Strengthen accountability processes for projects, programs, and work processes to ensure increased profitability, organizational efficiency, and sustainability.
- Expand human capacity in function and numbers to ensure growth and relevance for programs and services.
Ultimately, by respecting the multiple pathways to achieve personal, educational, and professional objectives, the diverse learning environments offered by the Alan Shawn Feinstein College of Education and Professional Studies will provide students with necessary intellectual transformations to participate successfully in an economically and technologically evolving society. In support of these efforts, the College and its units will develop indicators and associated metrics that measure annual progress toward short-term and long-range objectives.