The Commuter Affairs Office is committed to supporting the holistic development of off-campus and commuter students. The office seeks to provide resources to educate students as they navigate their journey living off-campus, and to engage students within and beyond the larger campus community.
About the Commuter Affairs Office
- Our office is open to all students, staff, and faculty at the university.
- Our office serves as a resource for students who commute from home or from off-campus housing.
- The housing database (offcampus.housing.uri.edu) is separate from the Office of Housing and Residential Life (HRL) and Fraternity Managers Association (FMA).
- Landlords use our off-campus housing database to advertise their properties to students, staff, and faculty at the university.
- Our office is not involved in the process of students signing leases with landlords who post properties with our service. This process is arranged between the student and the landlord.
- The town of Narragansett has specific restrictions; students be aware.
We acknowledge that we gather as the University of Rhode Island on the traditional land of the Niantic and Narragansett people in past and present, and honor with gratitude the land itself and the people who have stewarded it throughout the generations. This calls us to commit to continuing to learn how to be better stewards of the land we inhabit as well.