We are excited to welcome you all to URI, and we know you are eager to learn more about our campus and the beautiful surrounding area. We have a wide variety of events planned for you from September 1–8, 2023.
Our goal is to keep you engaged with fun activities as you wait for your first week of classes to begin. This will allow you to be social in a safe way while learning about the new norms on campus.
These events are intended for new students to campus only. If you have any questions, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To register for an event, please sign in to URInvolved: urinvolved.uri.edu and create a profile using your Single Sign On (SSO).
- Once you have signed up for URInvolved, you can access all O-Week Events by clicking the Events tab at the top left of the page.
- To register for an event, click into the event, and RSVP by clicking and submitting “I will be attending.“
- Each event is first-come, first-served, however, many events are repeated throughout the week to allow students that move in later the opportunity to participate.
- Feel free to register for as many events as you wish! Upon registration, you will be sent an RSVP Confirmation email with an option to add your events to your Google Calendar.
- Space for events is limited. If you wish to cancel an event or change your time, open the event, and update your RSVP to “I won’t be attending.”
Changing your RSVP will allow for other students to participate.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to all events to allow time for check-in, unless more time is specified. For events that provide transportation to and from, it is the students’ responsibility to be at their meeting locations early to ensure busses depart on schedule .
What to bring to events
- Your QR code for Check-In
- Sunscreen or bug spray
IT Service Desk
Get connected to the WiFi along with password assistance (eCampus, Brightspace, Gmail, etc)
Look at the dining hall hours, discover where you can get a quick bite to eat or a coffee to go!
Purchase your textbooks online and pick up in store! Get some URI apparel, or even rent a fridge!
Meet with an academic advisor during their drop-in hours and get help with your class schedule!