What you need to do
- Request an FSA ID, if needed
- Complete the FAFSA
- To determine your financial aid package, your first step is to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), regardless of your family’s financial status
- You may file the FAFSA beginning October 1, with a priority deadline of March 1
- Your FAFSA information determines your eligibility for a broad range of financial aid. Although you may not have financial need according to your FAFSA results, everyone qualifies for some form of financial aid
- URI’s school code is 003414
- Gather important documents.
- Wait for your Student Aid Report
View options for undocumented RI students here.