Health Insurance Waiver
The Fall 2023 Insurance Waiver site has been closed.
You must complete a Fall 2023 Late Petition.
Before waiving the school-sponsored insurance plan, contact your private health insurance company to confirm you will have comparable coverage while you are a student at URI. Be aware that there may be out-of-network or deductible charges for some services that are not covered under the Health Services Fee which will be billed to you if not covered by your private insurance. It is the student/patient responsibility to obtain any referrals or prior authorizations if your plan requires it.
To submit a waiver:
- Have your insurance card/information and your URI Student ID number on hand
- Log into e-Campus
- Select “URI Student Services”
- Select “Insurance Waiver”
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Once submitted, you will receive a confirmation email at the email address specified in the waiver form. Your waiver will be reviewed and you will be notified via email if it is approved or rejected. If rejected, the email will indicate what additional information is needed in order to approve the waiver. You will be notified via email within 30 days of submission.
To be considered comparable to waive the school sponsored insurance, an international plan must include:
- Unlimited Coverage for Injury/Sickness
- Minimum of $50,000 for Emergency Medical Evacuation*
- Minimum of $25,000 for Repatriation Expenses*
- Pre-Existing Condition Coverage
- Wellness/Preventative Exams, Mental Health, and Maternity Coverage
- Hospital Coverage (In-Patient, Outpatient, Surgical Care)
- Pharmaceutical Benefit
- Plan should be Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliant
- Proof of insurance purchased (i.e., Insurance Card or Certificate)
* Meets the requirement mandated by the US Department of State for international student visa holders.