We are here to assist you with all of your healthcare needs as you begin your URI career. To get started, there are a few steps you need to take to fulfill URI Health Services requirements by August 19, 2022.
COVID-19 Update – All new URI students will be required to answer the question in the patient portal under the Forms tab titled COVID Vaccination Question.
If you have received COVID-19 vaccinations, you will be required to enter your vaccination dates and upload proof of those dates (photo of COVID vaccination card).
If you have not received COVID-19 vaccinations and the Rhode island Department of Health declares a COVID outbreak, you may not be able to participate in in-person academic and campus activities.
All new full-time undergraduate students and all international students must complete immunization requirements listed below. PLEASE NOTE, all student who are Rhode Island residents do not have to enter their immunization dates and proof, unless they receive an email stating they are missing requirements.
Step 1: Access the URI Health Services Patient Portal
- Go to the Patient Portal, and click on “I have a uri.edu email address.”
Note: If you have any difficulty accessing the Patient Portal via your Single Sign On (SSO), please click here for assistance.
Step 2: Full-time out-of-state and international students – Enter your vaccination dates in the Patient Portal
- Obtain a copy of your immunization record from your medical provider or previous educational institution.
- Click the “Immunization” tab and wait for immunization screen to load.
- Enter the dates that you received the following vaccines. (* indicates required vaccines) Click “Submit” only once after entering all dates.
- *Hepatitis B (3 shots) or titer results
- *Meningitis (MCV4 or Menactra) (date must be within last 5 years) This is not to be confused with Serogroup B vaccine (Bexsero or Trumenba)
- *MMR (2 shots – Measles, Mumps, Rubella) or titer results
- *Tdap (1 shot) This is not to be confused with DTap
- *Varicella (2 shots – Chickenpox) or titer results or history of disease
- COVID-19 (be sure to enter under correct vaccine brand name and booster doses)
- Flu (date of most recent dose)
- Hepatitis A (2 shots)
- HPV-9 (Gardasil) (2-3 shots)
- Meningitis Serogroup B (2-3 shots) (Bexsero or Trumenba) – This is not to be confused with MCV4 or Menactra
- Pneumococcal (date of most recent dose)
- Polio (date of most recent dose)
Step 3: Upload Completed and signed documents to the Patient Portal
Click on the Upload tab in the Patient Portal and upload a scanned copy of the following forms or take a photo from your mobile device and upload the photo to the patient portal:
- COVID -19 Vaccination Card – Out-of-state and international students only
- Immunization Record – Out-of-state and international students only
- Photograph of all medications you currently take
- Photograph of the FRONT and BACK of your health insurance card. NOTE: This is NOT the waiver.
- Physical Examination Form (recommended if completed in the last 18 months, but not required)
- Consent To Treat a Minor Form (if under 18 years of age by September 1, 2022)
- TB/Tuberculosis Risk Assessment Form (if required based on answers to the TB Screening Form)
Step 4: Complete the required online forms in the Patient Portal
Click on the Forms tab in the Patient Portal and complete the following online forms:
- COVID Vaccination Question Form (Out-of-state and international students, if you answer YES, you must enter the dates under the Immunization tab and upload proof under the Upload tab)
- Health History for New Students (Not Physicals) Form
- Student & Emergency Contact Form
- TB Screening Questionnaire (if you answer YES to any of the questions, you must take the TB Risk Assessment Form to your medical provider, have it completed and upload it under the Upload section)
- Texting Opt-in/Opt-out Form
- Under Consents, please complete the Informed Consent for Telehealth Treatment Services Form
Step 5: Waive the URI Student Health Insurance in e-Campus (if applicable)
- Log into your e-Campus account
- Select URI Student Services from the menu at the top left-hand corner
- Select Insurance Waiver and enter required information
- For more information, please visit Health Insurance Waiver
- Please note that URI Health Insurance must be waived annually
Step 6: Complete the online Health Behavior Survey
Step 7: Review the To Your Health booklet
* Failure to submit this required health information by the deadline may result in a hold on your account that could hinder your ability to register (including add/drop) for classes. Please check your URI email frequently, as we will send you an email if you are not compliant with the requirements.
If you have further questions, please call us at 401.874.2246.