The Libraries are open to members of the University of Rhode Island Community, the citizens of Rhode Island. , and the general public in accordance with the provisions below.
Library Use Policy
- Members of the public, including URI alumni, are welcome to use the libraries onsite. Borrowing privileges, usage, and certain other services may be restricted. Please inquire at each library’s circulation desk for more information.
- All URI faculty, students, and staff with a valid URI ID who are in good standing are welcome to use the University Libraries and all of their services.
- All Rhode Island residents who are at least 18 years of age with proof of Rhode Island residency can apply for a Rhode Island Resident Card. Rhode Island Resident Card holders can use the URI Libraries for all services, EXCEPT Interlibrary loans and off-campus database access.
- Immediate family members of a URI employee, and students working under the direct guidance of a faculty member may use the employee or faculty member’s card, by filling out the appropriate form at one of the University Libraries’ circulation desks.
Computer Use Policy
Patrons are not allowed to install software, nor make any changes to these systems. Additional provisions for the use of these machines are given below.
Kingston Campus — University Library
- All Kingston library public computers are available for patron use.
- The Student Computing Facility on the Library’s Lower Level is for use by URI students, faculty, and staff ONLY. A valid URI ID is required.
Narragansett Bay Campus — Pell Marine Science Library
- Members of the University of Rhode Island Community and the public may use Pell library computers, for library related purposes only.
Providence Campus — CCE Library
- CCE computers may be used ONLY BY URI and HELIN FACULTY, STUDENTS, AND STAFF, for library related purposes only.