Welcome to the University Libraries at Kingston and Narragansett. The Libraries are open to members of the University of Rhode Island community, the citizens of Rhode Island, and the general public in accordance with the provisions below.
The University Libraries’ hours are posted at each Library and on the University Libraries’ website. Hours are subject to change. Please call the appropriate location for current hour information.
Kingston Campus — Carothers Library and Learning Commons: (401) 874-2672
Narragansett Bay Campus — Pell Marine Science Library: (401) 874-6161
Library Use Policy
- Members of the public, including URI alumni, are welcome to use the libraries on site. Borrowing privileges, usage, and certain other services may be restricted. Please inquire at each location’s circulation desk for more information.
- All URI faculty, emeritus faculty, students, and staff with a valid URI ID who are in good standing are welcome to use the University Libraries and all of their services.
- Remote database access is only available to current URI faculty, emeritus faculty, students, and staff.
- All Rhode Island residents who are at least 18 years of age with proof of Rhode Island residency can apply for a Rhode Island Resident card. They are welcome to use the URI Libraries for all services, EXCEPT Interlibrary Loan, study rooms, and technology loans. Summer residents are not eligible for a Rhode Island Resident card.
- Patrons with a CRIARL (Consortium of Rhode Island Academic and Research Libraries) card are welcome to use the URI Libraries for all services, EXCEPT Interlibrary Loan, study rooms, and technology loans.
- Immediate family members of a URI employee and students working under the direct guidance of a faculty member may use the employee or faculty member’s card, after notifying the Circulation Desk using an email address associated with their Library account.
Computer Use Policy
University Libraries’ public computers are available for patron use. They are to be used in compliance with University Policies and for library and academic uses ONLY. Patrons are not allowed to install software nor make any changes to these systems.
Approved by Library Leadership Team. 24 April 2023