To provide equivalent services to distance learners as to on-campus students, the University Libraries provide the following support to distance learners. A distance learner is anyone who is enrolled in courses delivered totally online on course management systems such as Brightspace or other delivery methods where in-person visits to campus are not required.
To access electronic services at University Libraries, use your eCampus username and your SSO password.
Reference & Research Help
Reference & research help is available to all off-campus users of University Libraries in the following ways:
- Telephone — Research Help Desk, Kingston – (401) 874-2653; Providence – (401) 277-5130.
- Online — Live Chat Research Assistance
- Individual consultation and referral to subject selectors — Reference & Research Help Desks — email@example.com
Tips for Using the Library
To learn more about using the Library, visit the following links:
- InfoRhode Tutorials – Short videos covering research skills
- Subject Guides – Links to article databases and research tools
Accessing material from other libraries
- Interlibrary Loan – For material that is not available in the URI system.
Most articles ordered through Interlibrary loan will be delivered electronically.
Other Helpful Links
- Getting Started @ The Libraries
- Off-Campus Access to Library Online Resources
- Articles & Databases – To find articles
- Electronic Journals
Library Cards for Distance Learners
Part-time students not physically located in Rhode Island who are enrolled in URI distance courses may be issued special library cards after departmental confirmation. Department chairs should send a list of enrolled students to the Head of Access Services or the Head of Circulation and cards will be sent to the department who are responsible for delivery to the students.