Cybersecurity, Professional Science Masters
Students apply to the Professional Science Masters in Cyber Security through the URI Department of Computer Science by submitting an online graduate application to URI’s Graduate School. The completed application including all supporting documents must be received between January 1st and June 30th. This program only admits students for the Fall semester.
Students are required to have a computer science background. Fundamentals for Cyber Security, a self-paced program, is available to enrolled students who come from less technical backgrounds.
- A bachelor’s degree in information technology or closely related field, or a bachelor’s degree in a related field with work experience in information technology.
- The Graduate Record Exams (GRE) are NOT required for this program.
- An undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or better.
Students without an adequate GPA should contact us at email@example.com before applying.
- This program is available to U.S. citizens both home and abroad. The University is not permitted to issue immigration documents for an online degree program.
Graduate School Application
- Visit the URI Graduate School website.
Read the instructions on that page and at the bottom of the page use the apply now link.
- For the College, select “College of Arts & Sciences”
- For Program Requested select “Cyber Security”
- Enter an Enrollment Term for the upcoming Fall semester
- A statement of purpose (the online application form refers to this as a “personal statement.”) Include in the first line of your personal statement that you are applying to the Professional Science Masters in Cyber Security.
- Explain your interest in cyber security
- Any relevant work experience you have
- Why you chose to apply to this online program at URI
- There is no specific typographical formatting requirement for the personal statement.
- Two letters of recommendation are required and can be submitted following the instructions on the “Recommendations” link within the Graduate School application
Deadlines and Required Items
Applications must be completed and submitted by the June 30th application deadline. Applications which have been started, but not completed by the closing date, will be deferred to the next enrollment cycle.
A complete application requires two letters of recommendation. These letters must be received directly from the recommender and may not be supplied by the student. Recommenders may take some time to submit their letters so be sure to start as soon as practical. The online application system will send requests to your provided recommenders but we advise that you contact them in advance. It is the students responsibility to ensure that their recommenders complete the online recommendation.FAQs