The Purchasing Department at the University of Rhode Island is a service unit created to support the educational and research mission of the University.
We are staffed by procurement professionals who have the requisite knowledge, skills and training to assist University personnel in the purchase of required goods and services. This expertise insures that procurement decisions will be made in the best interest of the University and in compliance with the General Laws of the State of Rhode Island, Board of Governors for Higher Education Procurement Regulations and University policies.
We welcome your questions, comments and suggestions. Please submit your question, comment and/or suggestion to the Purchasing Department.
Policies & Procedures
- Buyer Assignments
- Category and Commodity Codes
- Master Price Agreement / Contract Board
- New! – Training: Purchasing 101 is now in Brightspace
- Training: On-Line Requisition ‘Requester’ Training
- On-Line Requisitioning Information
- PO Guidelines
- Purchasing Manual
- Purchasing Limits at a Glance
- Purchasing Fund Definitions
- Vendor Ordering Info
- Vendor Reference List Instructions