Are you interested in a fun and rewarding job that involves helping your peers succeed while enhancing your own knowledge and skills? If so, the AEC may be the place for you!
We’re seeking motivated students who have a track record of academic excellence, a desire to develop education and leadership skills, and a willingness to work in a highly collaborative, creative environment.
Most positions offer opportunities to work for pay or for academic credit. Schedules are flexible and according to your needs. Experience helps, but often isn’t necessary. We provide ongoing training.
Take a look at the job descriptions below, and click the appropriate link to apply online. Once we receive your application, we will send you more information and let you know if you qualify for an interview.
The AEC hires students to any of 5 different positions:
- Receptionist (administrative work)
- SI leader (primarily math, chemistry, biology, and physics)
- Subject-based tutor (primarily math, chemistry, biology, and physics)
- Writing tutor (all subjects/majors)
- Academic coach (all subjects/majors)
Each of our positions requires a different set of qualifications and time commitment. Please carefully read the descriptions attached below to decide what position(s) might be a fit for you and use the appropriate links to apply.
- Receptionist Job Description(PDF) / Receptionist Application
- SI Leader Job Description(PDF) / SI Leader Application
- Tutor Job Description AEC (PDF) / Subject-Based Tutor Application
- Academic Coach Job Description (PDF) / Academic Coach Application
- WC Tutor Description /WC Tutor Applications: At this time we are no longer accepting WC Tutor Applications
(Questions about Writing Center tutor application, email email@example.com)
If you are interested in athletics tutoring (working with student-athletes) or want to tutor in a subject not offered by the AEC, please apply online or contact Meredith Gibbons (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have questions about the positions, please contact the appropriate person below.
- General questions: David Hayes email@example.com
- Supplemental Instruction and Academic Coaching: Kathryn Crisostomo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reception and Tutoring: Skye Hawkins email@example.com
- Athletics Tutoring: Meredith Gibbons firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing Center Tutoring: Lydia A. Saravia email@example.com