Founded by the International Engineering Program (IEP) at the University of Rhode Island, the purpose of the Annual Colloquium on International Engineering Education is to provide a forum to discuss and share issues and ideas related to the field. The Colloquium provides engineering and language educators, international program administrators, deans, provosts, presidents, corporate leaders, public sector representatives and students common ground to talk about educating engineers for today’s global workplace.
This distinctive and unique annual colloquium meets every other year in Rhode Island, alternating with partner schools across the country.
19th Annual Colloquium on International Engineering Education: Preparing the Global Workforce
November 3 & 4, 2016, Newport, Rhode Island
Online registration for the Colloquium is now closed. If you still need to register, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Program for the 19th Annual Colloquium on International Engineering Education.
Hotel registration at the conference hotel, the Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina, (49 America’s Cup Ave, Newport, RI 02840), is still open. To reserve your room call the hotel directly at 1-800-955-2558.
An alternative hotel right next to the conference hotel is the Newport Marriott, for 176.00 USD per night (cut-off date 10/12/16):
Transportation From TF Green Airport:
- Orange Cab Shuttle Service: Call (401) 841-0020 or visit http://newportshuttle.com/schedules-rates/ for schedules and rates
- Rental Cars: List of rental car services available through TF Green: http://www.pvdairport.com/get-here/rental-cars
- The Newport Route – Daily service between T.F. Green Airport and the Newport Harbor Hotel. The hotel is roughly 27 miles from the airport or a 35 minute drive. Shuttle service is available on a regular basis from 5am -12am daily. You may purchase your ticket at the Orange Shuttle service counter in TF Green baggage claim and at Newport Visitor Center, or directly from the shuttle driver. For rates and schedules visit: http://newportshuttle.com/schedules-rates/
Transportation From West Kingston Train Station:
- Van / Car Service Available: Call (401) 295-1100 for information or to book reservation (Reservation Required)
Transportation From Wickford Junction:
- We suggest the use of a GPS to the Newport Harbor Hotel and Marina. Address: 49 America’s Cup Avenue, Newport, RI 02840
Things to do in Newport
The colloquium has a long and successful history. See our previous colloquia.
For more information or to join the Colloquium email listserv, contact Sigrid Berka at email@example.com.