college of pharmacy

7 Greenhouse Road Kingston, RI 02881

pharmcol@etal.uri.edu – Office: 401.874.2761 Fax: 401.874.2181

URI
Think Big, We Do.
Rhode Island Seal
Follow us on TwitterVisit our Facebook page

ACPE logo

The University of Rhode Island Doctor of Pharmacy program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education.

Student Profiles

Our students are our best ambassadors. Meet some of our recent Pharm.D. graduates here online and then get the opportunity to meet some of our current students in person when you visit the college.

Ojiugo

Ojiugo Charity Omeoga ’15

The biggest strengths of the pharmaceutical sciences program are the real life experiences it offers through hands-on advanced coursework taught by the faculty, who are some of the world’s most experienced and leading experts in the biomedical and pharmaceutical field.

BenBarlock

Ben Barlock ’15

URI has provided me with a huge number of learning opportunities to help prepare me for the future. The electives we can take in the B.SP.S. program are extremely interesting, and being able to work with different professors in the lab has been really helpful. I have gained so much knowledge that I know would not have been possible if I had gone to any other school.

Jared

Jared DeRossi ’16

My favorite was a placement at Glen Cove Hospital back home in New York. I loved this rotation because it was something different. I work in retail, so everything was new and the staff there was really good at facilitating my learning. Also, I really liked going on rounds with the pharmacist to the different departments—e.g., Psych, Osteo, Rehab, etc—and seeing how the role of the pharmacist is changing in today’s world.

LanhD

Lanh Dang ’15

When I started looking into pharmacy, I liked how many different tracks a pharmacist can take. A pharmacist can work in the community, in a hospital, run a clinic with a medical team, do research, become a professor, etc. The possibilities are endless and always changing. I like the flexibility and options for pharmacy.

JoeN

Joe Nardolillo ’18

Pharmacy is probably the most close-knit major on this campus. It’s great to walk around the building and be welcomed by students and faculty who know your name. In the Hillside Living and Learning Community, there’s a sense of family developed right from the beginning. By now, I feel as if I have so many people that care about me and hope to see me succeed

Emily_Thomsen

Emily Thomesen ’15

As a B.S.P.S. student preparing to graduate I am prepared for a career after college. In this program I have had the opportunity to work on new research, participate in research outside my field of study, and become involved in international conflict relief work. All of these opportunities have been the result of the work by the faculty of this program.

EricaLee

YooKyung (Erica) Lee ’18

After living in Southern California for six years, I wanted to explore and study on the other side of the country. I looked for universities with great pharmacy programs and found URI, and When I visited on Welcome Day, I really loved the atmosphere of the campus and the students’ positive vibe and school pride. All of it made me want to be part of the Rhody family.

The University of Rhode Island
Think Big, We Do.
A-ZDirectoryContact UsJump to top