Marketing is how an organization attracts customers to use their products and services. This incorporates a brand (e.g. colors, fonts, logo) and an approach to promoting product and services. URI Cooperative Extension’s customers are our stakeholders; our products and services our programs and resources.
In 2016, a small group of staff and students formed a team at the Mallon Center building (formerly known as the CE or Outreach Center) to assist all of CoopExt with marketing, with the goal of elevating the visibility of CoopExt programs, events and projects to those we serve using a recognizable URI CoopExt brand and a variety of marketing tools and platforms.
What the CoopExt Communication Team (Comm Team) Can Do For You
The CoopExt Comm Team is available to help you develop print and electronic marketing materials to promote your program activities utilizing old (e.g. television, print) and new (e.g. videos, social media posts, blogs) forms of media, depending on your needs and vision. Some examples of the tools we can help you develop are:
- Brochures, flyers
- Websites (including applications and mobile websites)
- Radio and television productions via live or recorded interviews
- Publications (fact sheets, articles, manuals, etc.)
- Social media posts (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube)
- Online calendar posts
- Signage templates
How to Get Started
Need a brochure or rack card designed to promote your work? Want to feature a recent programmatic accomplishment on television or in a professionally produced video? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have an important message or link you would like us to share on CoopExt’s social media sites? It’s easier than you think, and starts with an email! Follow this link to get started with social media!
Have an upcoming event or workshop to promote? Follow this link to submit an event for the URI Events Calendar and/or on Facebook
- In order to have a more consistent image, URI Cooperative Extension follows the URI Style Guide: advance.uri.edu/visualstandardsguide/
- Fonts: The two standard fonts under the URI Style Guide are Arial and Trajan Pro. While Arial should be used in all body text and subheaders, Trajan Pro should be used for all titles and subtitles. Example:
- Colors: The three standard colors for URI are PMS 282 Blue, PMS 872 Metallic Gold, and PMS 125 Yellow.