Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center
This is a curated list of resources for those interested in cybersecurity awareness, training, news and cyber challenges.
The URI Office of Information Security provides tips and awareness training for members of the URI community on Cyber Security Awareness. You can also find a list of current cyber security notices and bulletins.
Every year a number of groups and organizations host digital forensics or cyber security related challenges. Some of these are designed for the most advanced industry professionals who have spent many years working in the field, while others are geared towards high school students or people who are just starting to become interested in the field. Below is a list of some of the more popular challenges that are held annually.
Resources for URI Students, Staff, and Faculty
In addition to the resources that are publicly available through other links on the site, URI also holds subscriptions to a number of popular journals that regularly publish material related to digital forensics or cyber security. To gain access to these resources you must be a member of the URI Community, such as a student, staff member, or faculty.
If you are a member of the URI Community, you can go to the URI Library page and use the link on the left hand side, titled ‘E-Journal List’, to search through the journals that URI has subscriptions with.
The following is just a sampling of some of the tech-related journals that URI subscribes to.
- IEEE – Security & Privacy (2003 to present)
- IEEE – Transactions on Information Forensics and Security (2006 to present)
- IEEE Proceedings – Information Security (2006 to present)
- ScienceDirect – Computers & Security (1995 to present)
- ScienceDirect – Computer Fraud & Security (1996 to present)
- ScienceDirect – Computer Law and Security Report (1995 to 2008)
- ScienceDirect – Computer Law and Security Review (2009 to present)
- MCB University Press – Information Management & Computer Security (1995 to 2010)
- International Journal of Computer Network and Information Security (2009 to present)
- International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security (2009 to present)
- International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security (2006 to present)
- International Journal of Computer Science and Security (2007 to present)
- Association of Digital Forensics, Security & Law – Journal of Digital Forensics, Security & Law (2009 to present)
- IOS Press – Journal of Computer Security (1996 to 2011)
- ACM – Transactions on Information and System Security (1998 to present)
- Journal of Information Privacy & Security (2005 to present)
- Journal of Privacy and Confidentiality (2009 to present)
- Transactions on Data Privacy (2008 to present)