What to Bring
Pro-Tip: Stick to the Basics!
Please bring only the basic items with you on your Move-In day. During the first few weeks of school, you will be able to determine which additional items you need to get for your room. Here’s a basic packing list to use as a guide:
|Personal Items||Room Supplies||Appliances / Electronics *|
* Note: We strongly recommend that roommates discuss prior to arrival who will bring the larger items such as a television, refrigerator, microwave, etc.
What Not to Bring
Please be sure to leave these items at home:
- Air conditioners
- Bed risers*
- Coffee pot (single serving coffee maker is acceptable)
- Curtains (microblinds are provided in each room)
- Electric kettles, air fryers, rice cookers, crockpots, toasters, grills, hot plates, and other appliances over 1000 Watts.
- Extension cords that are non-surge-protected
- Fireworks, candles
- Halogen lamps
- Heating and immersion coils
- Space heaters
- 3 D printers
- Weapons (firearms, knives, etc.)**
*Our twin XL beds are adjustable and will be set at a level to allow 30″ of storage underneath the matress. If you would like to request a lofted bed, there will be a furniture request form in MyHousing during Move-In. Please allow our staff bring the extra pieces to safely loft your bed.
**A full list of prohibited items is available in the Student Handbook.
Furniture has been assembled to ensure safe setup for use. Should you wish to rearrange the furniture that requires dismantling or additional furniture (i.e. bed lofting), please complete the Furniture Maintenance Request Form in MyHousing, which is available during Move-In.
All furniture must remain in your room.