Transferring Credit

Make sure your full-time university or college will accept the credits you earn through Winter J Term courses. Your school will have an online database of courses accepted for credit from outside institutions and a version of a “transfer credit form” that you will need to complete and submit to your school if you plan to take a URI course that has not been previously accepted by your school.

Completing such a form often requires a course syllabus and/or URI course description. You can search all official URI Course Descriptions here.

For a copy of a URI syllabus, email the instructor listed for the class. You can find the appropriate contact information via the URI directory.

You can request to have an official URI transcript sent to your full-time school through your URI e-Campus account. Follow complete instructions provided on our enrollment website.