Engineering scholarships are awarded annually, and are based on academic merit, financial need or both. Financial need is determined by the University and requires the submission of a FAFSA annually. Some scholarships are awarded by the Dean and others by individual departments. Students should check with their department to learn more about these scholarships.
To be considered for a scholarship from the Dean, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Engineering Scholarship Inquiry” in the subject line, and include or attach the following information:
- your full name and address
- your current year at URI (freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior)
- your major(s) and any minors you are pursuing
- your current GPA (check your records in e-Campus for this)
- a brief statement telling us about yourself and explaining how a scholarship will benefit you personally
- a current resume