- New users of this online scheduler must be approved and set up by the RIN2 equipment managers. Access to the scheduler can be found here.
- FE-SEM and XRD, Dr. Everett Crisman (firstname.lastname@example.org; 4-5143)
- TEM, Dr. Iftheker Khan (email@example.com)
- DLS, Dr. Geoff Bothun (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Users will not be approved until adequate training has been completed for the requested equipment. ACCESS TO EQUIPMENT WILL ONLY BE GRANTED BY RESERVATION. WALK-INS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED REGARDLESS OF THE CIRCUMSTANCE.
- IMPORTANT:To insure proper operation and use of the TEM, users must contact Dr. Iftheker Khan (email@example.com) prior to making a reservation.
- All reservations are subject to cancellation due to equipment malfunction or service.
- Please be considerate of other users and delete your reservation as soon as possible if you cannot make your appointment.
- Access to the equipment rooms is controlled by card-reader door locks. Instrument use after normal work hours must be approved by the respective equipment manager.
- Shared equipment is made available through cost centers at the rates listed below. Please contact the respective equipment manager to initiate purchase orders/payment.
- FE-SEM $40/$120 (internal/external)
- TEM $72/$111 (internal/external)
- XRD $10/$15 (internal/external)
- Instrument availability (please only sign up on designated days):
- FE-SEM and XRD: Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday (8am to 4pm, after hours with approval)
- TEM: Monday to Thursday (9am to 4pm, after hours with approval)
- DLS: Monday through Friday (10am to 4pm, after hours with approval)
26 FEB 2015: TEM Facility is under preventive maintenance.
26 FEB 2015: Anyone signing up for FE-SEM must talk with Prof. Crisman or Amitesh Saha before using it to find out what needs to be guarded against.
3 FEB 2015: SYSTEM beam alignment has been accomplished there are still a few software issues but at least it works now.