- New users of this online scheduler must be approved and set up by the RIN2 equipment managers. Access to the scheduler can be found here. FE-SEM and XRD, Dr. Everett Crisman (email@example.com; 4-5143) TEM, Dr. Ifthiker Khan (firstname.lastname@example.org; 4-5924) DLS, Dr. Geoff Bothun (email@example.com)
- Users will not be approved until adequate training has been completed for the requested equipment. ACCESS TO EQUIPMENT WILL ONLY BE GRANTED BY RESERVATION. WALK-INS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED REGARDLESS OF THE CIRCUMSTANCE.
- All reservations are subject to cancellation due to equipment malfunction or service.
- Please be considerate of other users and delete your reservation as soon as possible if you cannot make your appointment.
- Access to the equipment rooms is controlled by card-reader door locks. Instrument use after normal work hours must be approved by the respective equipment manager.
- Shared equipment is made available through cost centers at the rates listed below. Please contact the respective equipment manager to initiate purchase orders/payment. FE-SEM $40/$120 (internal/external) TEM $72/$111 (internal/external) XRD $10/$15 (internal/external)
- Instrument availability (please only sign up on designated days): FE-SEM and XRD: Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday (8am to 4pm, after hours with approval) TEM: Monday and Thursday (9am to 4pm, after hours with approval) DLS: Monday through Friday (10am to 4pm, after hours with approval)
- IMPORTANT: To insure proper operation and use of the TEM, users must contact Dr. Ifthiker Khan (firstname.lastname@example.org , 4-5924) prior to making a reservation.
23 January 2015 Maintenance on the FE-SEM is tentatively scheduled to begin Monday February 2nd. At that time the SEM tool will be out of service for about three days.
12 January 2015 New filament has been installed and the chiller has been temporarily repaired. :-) Unfortunately the alignment is not satisfactory and we are unable to get good images at both high and low voltages. System is presently aligned for 5kV EHT which should work for most imaging. Probably 3-10kV will be workable also until we have another service visit to clean the the column (maybe next week). :-( 3 December 2014 FE-SEM equipment is currently operational but with occasional glitches. Best to make reservations on days when Prof. Crisman is available (Mon. Wed. Thurs.) 18 November 2014 FE-SEM equipment is down until further notice :-(