URI Department of Campus Recreation Assumption of Risk & Release of Liability Form

In consideration of my voluntary participation in URI’s Department of Campus Recreation athletic and recreation facilities, programs, and/or online virtual programs (the “Activity”):

• I confirm my participant (for him/herself, his/her parent or legal guardian, his/her heirs, representative, executors, administrators, successor or assigns) hereby waives, releases, fully discharges and quitclaims unto The University of Rhode Island Board of Trustees, The University of Rhode Island, and the State of Rhode Island and their agents and employees from any and all liability and claims, or demands and/or action, that he/she ha or may have for any costs, expenses, or damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from property damages or personal bodily injury, including death, relating to or arising from my participation in, use of, or operation of equipment related to the Activities or may in the future have, whether known or unknown, arising out of the Activity.
  • I may or may not have had previous participation experience in the Activity. I understand and acknowledge that such participation could result in loss of or damage to me or another person’s property, serious injury to my body, including mental or emotional injury or trauma, and/or death. I verify that I have no physical or emotional conditions which may prevent me from fully participating in the Activity.
  • I understand that by entering any premises and participating in sanctioned Activity,  I agree to do so at my own risk, are voluntarily participating in these Activities, assume all risk of injury to myself, and agree to release and discharge The University of Rhode Island from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of my participation in the Activity. The University of Rhode Island strongly recommends I consult with my physician, before beginning any exercise program/Activity.
  • I understand and agree to adhere to all policies and procedures set forth by The University of Rhode Island, the Department of Campus Recreation, the State of Rhode Island, the Rhode Island Department of Health, and the Center of Disease Control and Prevention.
  • I understand and agree the University of Rhode Island and its recreational subsidiaries cannot be expected to control all possible risks but may need to respond to accidents and potential emergency situations. Therefore, I hereby give my consent for any medical treatment that may be required during my attendance with the understanding that the cost of any such treatment will be my responsibility. The University of Rhode Island does not carry medical or accidental insurance for the activities mentioned. As such, participants should review their personal insurance portfolio.
  • RELEASE FOR COMMUNICABLE DISEASES INCLUDING COVID-19 In consideration of being allowed to attend/participate in the event and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
    • 1. Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist; and,
    • 2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others and assume full responsibility for my participation. 

I HAVE READ THE WAIVER, RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK FORM IN ITS ENTIRETY AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS AND LEGAL SIGNIFICANCE. This waiver is freely and voluntarily given with the understanding that right to legal recourse is knowingly given up in return for allowing my participation in the Activity. 

2021/2022 Facility Waiver Signature

• MM slash DD slash YYYY