Profiles of faculty and student researchers written by CELS Communications Fellows
- Into the Woods: Using Augmented Reality and Science Communication to tell the Story of the North Woods - Three MESM students have been working on an augmented reality project with the DWELL Lab focused on the North Woods
- Elizabeth Mendenhall’s Passion for International Ocean Policy Spurs Change - Assistant Professor Elizabeth Mendenhall carved out a career where the law meets the ocean. Her research focuses on the drivers and mechanisms of change in the Law of Sea Convention, which is basically a constitution for the oceans.
- Laura Meyerson: Saving the world one ecosystem at a time - Professor Laura Meyerson does fieldwork in Rhode Island and all over the world, all while teaching courses about her passion and inspiring students to get involved with policy, advocacy, and research.
- From Fear to Focus: Nelle Couret Shares Her Passion for Studying Bugs - Studying bugs may not be for everyone, but Nelle Couret learned that sometimes changing your perspective on these creatures can have a career-altering impact.
- Summer in South Dakota: Emily MacDonald’s National Science Foundation Research For Undergraduates Fellowship Experience - “I’ve been really grateful to URI for encouraging students to step outside their comfort zone and push boundaries and see themselves as capable,” said senior Environmental Science and Management student, Emily MacDonald...