- How do I sign up to play?
- I want to play Intramural Sports, but I don’t have a team. How do I sign up?
- Who can play Intramural Sports at URI?
- Can I participate without my student ID?
- How much does it cost to play?
- Where are Intramural Sports played?
- Where is the Intramural Sports office?
- Can I play on more than one Intramural team?
- My team has a game scheduled for tomorrow night, but I know we can’t make it. What should I do?
- How do I know if my game has been canceled due to rain?
- My friend is on the University of Rhode Island Football team. Can he play on my Intramural flag football team?
- My roommate plays on the men’s Club Volleyball team. Can he still play on my Intramural Volleyball team?
- What is the Sportsmanship Rating System and how does it work?
- I have a question, but it isn’t listed here. What should I do?
Registration for all Intramural Sports activities must be completed through IMLeagues.com.
To create an IMLeagues.com account:
- Go to www.IMLeagues.com/schools/URI
- Enter your information, and use your URI email address, then submit. You will be sent an activation email, click the link in the email to login and activate your IMLeagues.com account. NOTE: If you do not receive the confirmation e-mail please contact the Intramural Sports Office at email@example.com or 401.874.5972.
- You should be automatically joined the URI network- if not, you can search schools by clicking the “Schools” link.
- To join a team, you can accept an invitation from a captain, or find the team and captain name on the division/league page and request to join. Please note that unless the Captain has selected the “Auto-Accept” option they will need to accept you to their team after you send a request to join.
Players who do not have a team should first make an account on IMLeagues. This allows you to contact team captains who may be looking to add players to their teams (most teams are usually in need of an extra player or two). The IM Sports Office will not place free agents on teams. It is the responsibility of the player to contact teams via IMLeagues.
Who can play Intramural Sports at URI?
Students: Any student who is enrolled at the University of Rhode Island, Kingston Campus or Providence Campus.
Employee: Any Faculty or Staff member who has an active membership to Campus Recreation.
Can I participate without my Student ID?
Players must have an ID Card to play. If it is not a Student ID, it must be a picture ID with proof of enrollment. For all contests in the Mackal Fieldhouse participants must have a Student ID or Replacement ID to gain access to the facility. Replacement ID’s can be purchased at the Rec Service Center in Mackal for $5.
How much does it cost to play?
Intramural Sports activities are $53.25 per team if 5 or more players are on the playing surface at a time, which includes a $25 registration fee, a $25 forfeit deposit that is refundable as long as the team does not forfeit any games and has a representative at the Preseason Captain’s Meeting, and a 3.25 PayPal Service Charge. If the activity requires 4 or less players on the playing surface the fee is $43.00, which includes a $20 registration fee, $20 forfeit deposit that is refundable as long as the team does not forfeit any games and has a representative at the Preseason Captain’s Meeting, and $3.00 PayPal service charge. Intramural Ice Hockey is $160 per player to participate that is nonrefundable once the season is scheduled. See the home page on IMLeagues for a list of activities offered and any associated costs. The Intrmaural Sports Office will only accept online payment for all league costs. NO CASH OR CHECK WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Intramural sports are played at a variety of locations, including:
- Mackal Fieldhouse Courts
- Tootell West Gymnasium
- North Rec Fields MAP located across from Flag Road Parking lot (You must park at the Plains Rd. Lot.)
Can I play on more than one Intramural Sports team?
For each sport you participate in, you may only play on one single-gender (Men’s or Women’s) team and one CoRec team. In Open Leagues you may only play on one team.
My team has a game scheduled for tomorrow night, but I know we can’t make it. What should I do?
If you know in advance that your team will not have enough players to compete as scheduled, contact the Intramural Sports office at 401.874.5972 before 2:00 p.m. on the day of the game (or by 4:30PM on Friday for any weekend games) to receive a DEFAULT. By calling ahead and defaulting the game, your team will receive a loss and a sportsmanship rating of ‘B’ for that game. If you do not call ahead and simply don’t show up, your team will receive a forfeit loss and will lose their $25 forfeit deposit. If a team forfeits twice in a season or defaults three times in a season they will be removed from the league.
How do I know if my game has been canceled due to rain?
In the event of inclement weather, decisions regarding cancellations will not be made until 2PM and may be cancelled just prior to the start of games. All participants on rosters will be notified by email via IMLeagues of any cancellations. In addition, IMLeagues and Social Media accounts will be updated to reflect cancellations. We will do everything we can to make up postponed contests, but cannot guarantee that they will be rescheduled due to time constraints and limited field/gym availability.
My friend is on the University of Rhode Island Soccer team. Can he play on my Intramural Soccer team?
No. Candidates for varsity intercollegiate programs are not eligible for intramural participation in the “related sport” in which they are participating. (This includes all players on the roster and other people who are practicing with the team). To be eligible, participants must have not participated in a NCAA sanctioned “related sport” (in either practice or games) within the last 365 days. Please contact the Intramural Sports office if you have any questions regarding participant eligibility.
My roommate plays on the Men’s Club Volleyball team. Can he still play on my Intramural Soccer team?
Yes, members of sport club teams are eligible for intramural competition in the sport in which they practice. It should be noted, however, that Intramural Sports teams are limited to 3 club players per roster if there are 5 or more players on the playing surface and 2 Club Athletese in all sports. Please contact the Intramural Sports office or the Coordinator of Club Sports if you have any questions regarding participant eligibility.
What is the Sportsmanship Rating System and how does it work?
Teams which win by a default or forfeit will receive a “B (3)” sportsmanship rating. The maximum sportsmanship rating possible is a “D (1)” for games in which a player is ejected. Teams receiving a “D (1)” or “F (0)” rating during the regular season are subject to further disciplinary action to be determined by the Coordinator of Intramural Sports. In order to be eligible for playoffs, teams must maintain a minimum cumulative sportsmanship rating average of 2.5 or higher at the end of the regular season and throughout the playoffs.
I have a question, but it isn’t listed here. What should I do?
If you have a question about something that isn’t addressed here, feel free to contact the Intramural Sports office by phone at 401.874.5972 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.