Thank you for your interest in reserve indoor/outdoor recreational space with us at Campus Recreation.
Recognized internal groups may reserve facility spaces, for sport and wellness-related bookings, in the Mackal/Tootell Complex and outside recreational spaces. Keaney Gymnasium and space in the Anna Fascitelli Fitness and Wellness Center are not available. Campus Recreation is responsible for scheduling all groups with priority usage of facility spaces: NCAA Division I team practices and home contests, academic classes, club sports, intramural sports, departmental programs, and open/drop-in recreation. All facilities are typically occupied during the week however, groups may request events/activities during select evenings, Saturdays and Sundays.
Facility Reservation Request Form:
Prior to submitting the online Campus Recreation Facility Reservation Request Form, pre-approval is required and must be attached to event submission:
- Recognized Student Senate organizations must seek approval through the URI Student Involvement Office, by completing an Event Registration Form
- Greek Life organizations must seek approval by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All other department organizations, must show proof of event approval from your department/college.
- A submitted Facility Reservation Request form does not guarantee a confirmed booking.
- Approval of the request depends on priority scheduling, space availability, date(s) of the reservation request, scope and nature of the activity/event and impact of existing programs.
- All requests must be received at least two weeks in advance, to be considered. Requests within the 2 week minimum lead time will be accepted.
- Requests are reviewed on a first-come, first serve bases.
- Online requests through EMS, an email or a phone call WILL NOT be accepted.
- The primary contact person will receive notification by email if the request is approved or denied along with reservation confirmation and agreement.
- Campus Recreation reserves the right to approve or deny any reservation requests.
Facility Rental Rates / Service Fees:
Facility rental rates will be waived for recognized URI internal groups. Some exceptions may apply:
- When the activity/event is scheduled outside of normal facility hours, a Campus Recreation Building Supervisor, who is responsible for monitoring the event and maintaining facility operations, is required to work. All fees associated with this service will be charged back to the user group/organizations.
- Depending on the nature of the event/activity and the number of participants, additional services may be required to work the event (i.e. URI Custodians; Electricians; Lands & Grounds, Field Marshall, Kingston Fire Department, Crowd Managers, etc.). Any required personnel services will be scheduled by a Campus Recreation administrator and all fees associated with personnel services will be charged back to the user group.
- All costs associated with damages to the facility and/or lost/damaged equipment will be charged back to the user group.
- Notice of cancellations or changes to the reservations must be given to the Assistant Director of Faculties & Operations 24 hours prior to the event. Fines may occur.
If approved, the primary contact person will receive a confirmation email along with a Facilities Usage Agreement. A signed Facility Usage Agreement must be returned to Campus Recreation, prior to the start of the scheduled/approved activity. If the signed agreement is not returned, the event/activity will be canceled. Fines may occur.
Groups must abide by established University and Campus Recreation policies and procedures. Area policies and event policies will be communicated through the Facility Usage Agreement, and it is their responsibility of the primary contact person to communicate information to all participants. This includes TAP Parking
URI Conference Services is the University of Rhode Island’s central resource for facilitating events on campus by affiliated and external organizations. Please visit their site for additional information or to contact an Events Specialist.