Skip to content
- Adventurous URI: Outing Club gets students off campus, outdoors February 26, 2024 - One of the oldest clubs on campus has provided mental and physical health benefits through the pandemic, and beyond.
- URI researchers develop plan for Global Center focused on Blue Climate Solutions February 26, 2024 - URI Professor Emi Uchida, Ph.D., is leading a new NSF grant to bridge international expertise and communities around mangrove/seagrass ecosystems.
- ‘Food is part of the solution’ when it comes to climate change February 5, 2024 - The 8th Annual Rhode Island Food System Summit considers innovative practices that power environmental stewardship ‘From Seed to Shore.’
- Serving the Country and the Environment: David Bourbeau’s Application of RI CHAMP to the U.S. Coast Guard January 29, 2024 - David Bourbeau, a member of the U.S. Coast Guard, explored uses for RI-CHAMP for coastal resiliency planning while completing his master's degree in marine affairs.
- An equitable Ocean State: URI professor looking at ways to improve coastal fishing access and information in R.I. January 26, 2024 - CELS assistant professor Melva Treviño Peña is examining coastal access among marginalized communities across the state.
- Deep-sea study fleet taking shape at URI January 26, 2024 - A new fleet of ‘benthic landers’ will be deployed this year.
- URI PRESS: Science & Outreach Collaborations for Sustainable Seafood event brings together members of seafood industry, researchers January 26, 2024 - A University effort to fund science-and-outreach projects addressing real-life issues challenging Rhode Island seafood industries drew dozens of attendees
- Two URI professors named Emerging Scholars by Diverse: Issues in Higher Education January 26, 2024 - Brendan Skip Mark and CELS assistant professor Melva Treviño Peña are among only 15 scholars nationally to earn this honor.