Joining the Lab

Undergraduate Students

I am interested in involving motivated undergraduate students in the research in our lab. When opportunities arrive, I will put out a message on the URI NRS undergraduate listserv. If you have an idea for a project that might fit with the research done in the lab, please contact me. Projects may be centered around a thesis or an interesting idea that the student wishes to pursue and gain undergraduate research credits.

Potential Graduate Students

As funded positions become available, I will post them on the job boards (Ecolog ListservTexas A&M Job BoardThe Wildlife Society Job BoardConservation Biology). I welcome general inquiries from exceptional students that are interested in finding alternative funding sources (e.g., NSF GRFP) and are highly self-motivated. Take a close look at the research overviews and publications of the lab to ensure what we do is consistent with your interests. If you think you may be a good fit, email me a short letter describing

1.  possible funding you would like to apply to,
  2. a summary of your experiences and research interests, and 3) attach a CV.

Post-doctoral Researchers

I am very interested in working with post-docs. I am especially interested in working with people with strong quantitative interest (ecologists, statisticians, mathematic modelers). If you think the lab is a good fit, send me an email describing your interests along with a CV, possible funding mechanisms, and we can find a time to talk. Funded post-doc positions will typically be advertised in the normal online job boards.

Think Big We Do