Faculty-Led Programs

Arrange Travel

Making reservations

The Office of International Education (OIE) will submit your travel authorization to the Accounting Office. If your program includes airfare, the OIE will work with you and URI’s designated travel agent to identify optimal flights for your program. For lodging reservations, once the location has been identified (hotel, hostel, etc), the OIE will finalize the reservation with payment. 

Important: If you are working with an organization or vendor that requires a contract, the contract will need to be reviewed by URI Legal Counsel and signed by the Controller. Please share the contract with your OIE Coordinator as early as possible. 

URI Travel Information Program Finances

Review policies and protocols

Please review the on-site information and URI emergency procedures and familiarize yourself with international travel insurance.

Final checklist

  • Confirm all reservations with vendors/providers.
  • Confirm travel arrangements with students if you are not traveling as a group.
  • Ensure students have taken care of all travel documents, immunizations, and program payments.
  • The Office of International Education will enroll and print insurance cards for all participants and register all faculty, staff, and students with the US State Department before departure.
  • Please provide the Office of International Education with a complete, detailed itinerary; at least one reliable phone number (preferably one landline and one cell phone number); an email address to reach the faculty director during the trip; and faculty emergency contact information no less than two weeks before departure.

Contact Information

Office of International Education and National Student Exchange
Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST
37 Lower College Road, Kingston, RI, 02881

Phone: 401.874.2395
Email: oie@uri.edu

Advising Appointments
To schedule an appointment, log into Starfish, search for International Education and National Student Exchange and select the advisor based on your college.