How can Rhode Island invest in its blue economy as a means to grow sustainably?
Rhode Island has always supported and benefited from its blue economy and marine-based businesses that rely on the state’s considerable coastal and ocean resources. Today, this $5 billion-plus economy employs more than 6% of Rhode Islanders across seven sectors. The future of a sustainable blue economy in the Ocean State depends on a rich quality of place, the protection and management of resilient coastal and ocean assets, a skilled workforce and thriving innovation.
Faces of the Blue Economy
- Rhode Island’s Blue Economy: Goetz Composites -
- Rhode Island’s Blue Economy: Moonstone Oysters -
- Rhode Island’s Blue Economy: Fearless Fish -
Principal Investigators | Blue Economy
- Q&A: URI Oceanography Dean Talks Climate Change, the Blue Economy and UFOs
- Investment on Navy Base Points to Blue, Green Economic Development
- Ribbon-cutting for new pier at URI’s Narragansett Bay Campus ushers in new era