GSO Administration works to advance the Dean’s vision for GSO while overseeing the School’s non-academic functions. This includes:
- The Dean’s Office staff, who are responsible for general administrative support, special events, advisory council & committee staffing, etc.;
- the GSO Business Office (updated 10/17/2022), which is responsible for budgeting, fund accounting, financial reporting, policy compliance, various eCampus access authorizations, and providing Notary Public services;
- GSO Facilities & Operations, which manages campus planning, facilities management, capital projects, ship operations, computer services, shipping & receiving, maintenance/custodial services and campus security;
- GSO Research Administration (updated 3/29/23), which provides comprehensive pre- and post-award support to principal investigators for sponsored projects; coordination of large multi-investigator and intra- or inter-institutional proposals and other support of the School’s research enterprise; and
- GSO Public Engagement, which produces print publications, digital media, communications and K-12 educational programming.
In addition, GSO Administration has oversight over select programs and activities which the School operates for external sponsors. Examples include:
- The Inner Space Center,
- Rhode Island Sea Grant,
- the Ocean Observatories Initiative Support Office, and
- the National Sea Grant Library.
Finally, GSO Administration works broadly with a variety of public and private partners to advance GSO and its position as a leader in Rhode Island’s blue economy. This includes the GSO Corporate Affiliates program and close collaboration with the URI Foundation on various philanthropic initiatives.