Submit a GSO event
- New URI study finds extensive microplastics in Narragansett Bay - Two GSO researchers estimate that the top 5 centimeters (2 inches) of the floor of Narragansett Bay now contain more than 1,000 tons of microplastics.
- Explorations in Translation - GSO's Thomas Rossby has recently contributed two translations, one from Norwegian and the other from Swedish, to the GSO website.
- GSO Ph.D. candidate among fifteen URI students to receive Black Scholar Awards for outstanding achievement - GSO's Asta Habtemichael was awarded the Donald Cunnigen Award for Excellence in Graudate Studies.
- URI researchers part of NSF-funded team working to address impacts of a warming planet on coastal communities - GSO researchers Pam Rubinoff and JP Walsh are among 21 scientists who will help develop a coastal resilience hub for New England.
- Hurricane Lee approaches, microplastics in Narragansett Bay, and more - September 15, 2023 - The Public's Radio
- Squat Lobsters Guide Scientists To New Hydrothermal Vent Field - September 14, 2023 - Schmidt Ocean
- There is a ‘shocking’ amount of microplastics in Narragansett Bay. Here’s what that means. - September 2, 2023 - Providence Journal
- New study finds more than 1,000 tons of microplastics in Narragansett Bay - August 31, 2023 - Boston Globe
- Dr. Tiara Moore: Eutrophic Estuaries and Racist Systems, a Love Story - On April 13, Dr. Tiara Moore, Founder and CEO of Black In Marine Science, and the BIMS Program Lead at The Nature Conservancy, presented a lecture at the University of Rhode Island Bay Campus.
- GSO Public Lecture Series: Women in Ocean Science - To kick off Women’s History Month, GSO explored the diverse experiences of women in ocean science with Katy Croff Bell (Ph.D.’11) and GSO professors Fenix Garcia Tigreros & Rebecca Robinson.
- GSO Public Lecture Series: Oceans Tell Stories Through People - In an evening of art, music, imagery and storytelling, speakers presented an interconnected series of narratives that recenter identity & emotion in our understanding of the world’s ocean.
You can get select publications sent to your inbox! Sign up for our newsletters.All Publications and Back Issues