Submit a GSO event
- US Navy names future ship for URI alumnus, professor Robert Ballard - The U.S. Navy has announced that a future Pathfinder-class oceanography survey ship will be named in honor of URIGSO Professor Robert Ballard.
- URI researcher-led study opens oceans of possibilities - Newly developed macromolecular model of phytoplankton from University of Rhode Island professor Keisuke Inomura could have implications for climate research.
- Massive shark tooth discovered in samples from Pacific Ocean floor - In a shipment of rocks from about 10,000 feet deep in the Pacific Ocean, University of Rhode Island’s Marine Geological Samples Laboratory discovered a fossil of a shark tooth, which has since been identified as belonging to an ancient megalodon.
- GSO, Central Falls students find a little boat can go a long way - The miniboat Inspiration, a joint project of GSO and students in Central Falls, R.I., navigated its way for 9,300 miles across the Atlantic and was recovered on the coast of southern England.
- This explorer must go down to the sea again - Read about GSO professor Robert Ballard's new memoir and personal revelations in this Boston Globe interview.
- GSO alum featured on “Shark Week” - GSO alum Lauren Romeiro (M.O. 2017) and her husband Joe Romeiro were recently featured on a Shark Week show called “Return to Shark Vortex.”
- URI Distinguished Achievement Award Recipient Lecture with GSO Alum Catalina Martinez - Watch a recording of the talk, 'Navigating a Sea of Options, Opportunities, and Obstacles: My Circuitous Journey to a Career in Ocean Science' from GSO alum Catalina Martinez.
- Student-Alum Networking Seminar – Truesdale, McManus, McNamee – “Three Trajectories to Fisheries Science and Management Careers in Rhode Island” - Three GSO alums shared their career paths and advice.
- Student-Alum Networking Seminar – Natasha Pinckard Dickenson “A Non-Traditional Path Along the Seafloor” - A GSO alum, Natasha Pinckard Dickerson, talks to students about her career path.
You can get select publications sent to your inbox! Sign up for our newsletters.All Publications and Back Issues