Group Exercise Participant Policies
- Before beginning, it is strongly recommended that you have a physical examination to determine your fitness levels. THE PROGRAMS MAY BE STRENUOUS.
- All participants must be a URI Student or member. A valid URI ID, Employee or Rec Ram Pass must be presented before attending each class.
- Participation is based on a first-come, first-serve basis. The instructor reserves the right to determine class minimums and maximums based on equipment and facility space. There must be a minimum of three participants in order for class to be held.
- For safety reasons, it is strongly recommended that participants attend entire class sessions.
- Athletic footwear must be worn; no street shoes or turf shoes with waffle bottoms or protrusions from the soles; no shoes suspected of marking the floors.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes with good support.
- No personal items unless being worn or being used are permitted in the gyms or multipurpose rooms. A water bottle and towel are permitted and encouraged. However, for all other personal items, we ask that you take advantage of daily and semester locker facilities.
- No refreshments, soda, snacks, gum, or candy are allowed in any gyms or multipurpose rooms.
- In the case of any incident or physical accident that may occur in a group fitness session, staff personnel is required to have participant(s) involved fill out an Incident and/or Accident Report Form to be kept on file with the Department of Campus Recreation.