The Rhode Island Consortium for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology was established in 2010 by Congress as a joint entity between the University of Rhode Island and Brown University. The Consortium seeks to:
- Enhance the State of Rhode Island’s competitiveness as a center of excellence in nanoscience and nanotechnology.
- Promote industry-university collaboration and new technology ventures to catalyze economic growth and job creation in the region.
- Build research teams that exploit complementary strengths at URI and Brown, as well as industry, to define and solve important problems.
- Seed enterpreneurship awards for selected new ventures.
- Establish critical infrastructure allowing campus and non-campus access to state-of-the-art instrumentation for nanoscale research and development.