- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Bile Acid And Cholesterol Homeostasis
- Bioactive Botanical Research
- Biochemistry Of Brain Molecules And Improved Drug Therapies
- Biological and Pharmaceutical Engineering
- Clinical Pharmacokinetics Research
- Clinical Pharmacokinetics And Pharmacodynamics
- DNA Damage and Cancer
- Genetic And Environmental Factors In Gene Expression
- Infectious Diseases
- Metabolism & Enzymology Research
- Natural Product Drug Discovery Research
- Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics
Research at the URI College of Pharmacy is among the highest quality in the nation. Our faculty—a group of world-renowned, respected experts in biomedical, clinical, and applied pharmaceutical sciences—exemplify highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, and cutting-edge research in these areas:
BIOMEDICAL AND PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES, on diverse topics such as drug discovery and development through assay, synthesis, modeling, natural product isolation and related mechanisms. Specializations include molecular toxicology, novel drug delivery, epigenetics, and clinical pharmacology. Target areas include cancer, chemoprevention, HIV, stroke, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, infectious and orphan diseases.
PHARMACY PRACTICE, on diverse areas including the scholarship of teaching, innovative interdisciplinary practice models, collaborative care and medication therapy management, innovations in pharmacist-directed chronic disease management, and bench-to-bedside antimicrobial research.
- Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, on medication adherence and quality improvement measurement, pharmacovigilance and post-marketing surveillance studies, emerging epidemiologic methods, health system innovation and pharmacy practice-related evaluations, decision and cost-effectiveness analyses, comparative effectiveness and drug utilization research.
The Office of Research and Graduate Education provides faculty support for the development of independent and collaborative research in addition to promoting and advancing the achievements of the College’s research on a local, national, and global level.
The College of Pharmacy offers highly-specialized graduate M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in pharmaceutical sciences. We are passionate about research and mentoring and committed to training the next generation of scientists, practitioners, and academics in biomedical and pharmaceutical sciences and pharmacy practice.
Related URI Links
- Division of Research and Economic Development
- Graduate School
- Office of International Students & Scholars
- College of Pharmacy Corporate Affiliates Program