English Proficiency Exam
Admission and Fees
Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in any major, from any accredited college or university may apply for admission to the Master of Business Administration Program.
- Application fee
- Personal statement: (Question: Why the URI MBA?)
- Upload unofficial college transcripts from all institutions attended. International applicants must show equivalency to a U.S. bachelor’s degree by an evaluation from WES or other translation company. International applicants can click here for details.
- If accepted, please contact each institution and have them send the official transcript directly, either electronically or a paper version via the following:
- Official paper transcripts sent to: BusinessCAS Transcript Processing Center, PO Box 9221, Watertown MA, 02471
- Official electronic transcripts may be sent via Credentials Solutions, Parchment, and National Student Clearinghouse. When using Parchment, please be sure to select BusinessCAS.
- Applicants who graduated from URI do not need to send in the URI official transcript but do still need to upload the unofficial copy.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Certificate of Residency for RI residents or qualified regional applicants. All Residency forms and supporting documentation must be emailed as PDFs to the Graduate School at email@example.com
GMAT Waiver and Awards
Eligible students may waive the GMAT. There are also GMAT Fee Waiver awards available.
- Official score report for the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or GRE taken within the last five years. Please note: Prospective students should take the GMAT or GRE at least two weeks prior to the application deadline. The GMAT, in Rhode Island, is offered at Pearson Professional Centers in Warwick. The code to send the GRE and GMAT scores to URI BusinessCAS is 4291. The GRE, in Rhode Island, is offered at Prometric Test Center in Warwick. Eligible students can waive the GMAT, through the waiver program.
- If English is not your native language, you’ll need to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores (taken within the last two years). A minimum score of 91 for TOEFL under the new IBT-Internet Based Test or 575 under the paper-based testing and a minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS is required. The URI Designated Institution Code for TOEFL is 3919.
Tuition, Fees, and Financial AidEstimated Costs
All Veterans: As a Veteran student you may qualify for in-state tuition. To see if you are eligible, refer to the state’s Residency Policy.
Tuition Waivers: Unemployment, Senior Citizen, Disabled Veteran, and RI National Guard Tuition Waivers are available for eligible Rhode Island residents. See waiver eligibility details or call 401.874.9500.
Parking: URI offers reduced fee parking at the RI Convention Center (RICC) parking garage in Providence for URI students ($125/semester or $200/year). Students may purchase a URI commuter parking pass which will cover parking at all URI campuses as well as the RICC for class times. Visit the URI parking website for details and registration.
Enrollment Deferral: You are allowed to defer your admission to the MBA program for up to one year. If you need to defer your enrollment, you must submit a request prior to the first day of classes. Visit this page for details and instructions.
For more information about the University of Rhode Island One-Year M.B.A., please contact Lisa Lancellotta at firstname.lastname@example.org or 401.874.4241.