Sponsored Cost Accounting
Contact us for information on oversight of financial compliance, reporting, billing & receivables and audits of sponsored projects received by the University.
The PeopleSoft grants portal provides online financial information about awards and projects. It allows tracking by award and/or project and segregates expenditures, encumbrances, and pre-encumbrances by sponsor and cost share. The portal includes transactions that are not recorded as University financial transactions, such as cost share facilities and administration (F&A), waived F&A, and third party expenditures. The portal also includes billing and payment information on grants which is done at the Award ID level.
Third Party Cost Sharing Form
Facilities and Administration Rates
Facilities and Administration (F&A) rates are developed using university cost records through a detailed cost accounting procedure and they apply to all sponsored agreements (sponsored projects, contracts, and other agreements). Read our Facilities and Administrative Costs policy for a full understanding of how rates are determined, recorded and applied to sponsored projects.F & A Costs Policy
- Facilities and Administrative Indirect Cost Overhead Rates 6/20/2019
- Facilities and Administration Approved Cost Rates for URI FY20-FY23
- Facilities and Administration Approved Cost Rates for URI FY18-FY22
- Facilities and Administration Approved Cost Rates for URI FY13-FY17
- Facilities and Administration Distribution as of 7/1/2020
- Facilities and Administration Distribution as of 7/1/2019
- Facilities and Administration Distribution as of 7/1/2018
- Facilities and Administration Overhead Distribution memo 8/20/2020
- Facilities and Administration Overhead Distribution memo 10/23/18 & 12/19/18 addendum
- Facilities and Administration Overhead Distribution memo 6/16/2016
- Facilities and Administration Overhead Distribution memo 10/9/12 | addendum memo 3/28/16
Federal Regulations and Compliance
Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards, commonly called “Uniform Guidance”, is a comprehensive, government-wide framework for grants management.
Cost Accounting Standards
Cost Accounting Standards, known as CAS, are a set of standards and rules promulgated by the United States Government for use in determining costs on negotiated procurements such as government grants and sponsored projects.Disclosure Statement
Who Can Help Me?
Sponsored Cost Accounting Office
70 Lower College Road, 3rd floor
|Associate Controller for Sponsored Cost Accounting||VACANT||401.874.2353|
|Chief Research Cost Accountant||Ann Cannon||401.874.2351|