Welcome to URI!
Here are the top 5 things we recommend you take care of as a new faculty member at URI:
- Sign up for e-Campus – e-Campus includes self service to everything from retrieving class information to managing paychecks. To learn more, we offer a list of guides for faculty on e-Campus services.
- Getting Started With Brightspace – Brightspace is the new learning management system we use at URI. You can develop sites for each of your courses to communicate efficiently with students. Once you have access, you can register for Basic Brightspace training to learn the features and some best practices.
- Activate your Email Account – once your e-Campus user id is created, you can activate your email account. URI uses Google’s G-suite. Get started with G-Suite.
- Pick up your ID card – Your ID card can be picked up at the Campus Access Office, in the Memorial Union, room 216. The Memorial Union is located in C4, on the campus map, in the center of campus.
- Order a Parking Permit – Cars parked in a URI lot must have a valid parking permit. The permit is electronic, there are no parking stickers or hang tags.
Want to get to know what URI students are like? Please feel free to view this admissions video** to get a feel for our students here at URI.
**This video does offer closed captioning if you open the video in YouTube.